Storytelling Without Words Online Course
Dates:January 25-31, 2024 and February 8-15, 2024
Time: 8 – 10 PM CET / 2-4 PM ET
Format: 4 weekly sessions of 2 hours each
Attendance: Online on Zoom
Group size: Up to 8 attendees
The Storytelling Without Words Online Course teaches you how to embed stories in hearts and minds by using innovative ways of storytelling that don’t rely on words.
- You’ll learn how to make the most of your audience’s senses and emotions and design experiences that engage them without overwhelming them with information.
- You’ll leave this course with a toolbox that gives you new skills that can be applied to any project, no matter what medium you’re working in.
- You’ll also have an understanding of how stories work and why they matter, which will help you when designing future projects.
- You’ll learn how to use the language of symbols and metaphors to communicate ideas without using words and how to use sensory and emotional coding.
- You’ll also learn how to create immersive environments where people can experience narratives without reading or listening to spoken words in any particular language.
As preparation for this course, we strongly recommend our Integrated Storytelling Fundamentals course, but it is not a prerequisite for participation.
AdventureLAB’s training programs were attended by professionals at following companies
Course fee: 575 EUR
excluding VAT where applicable
The price includes access to all four sessions and the e-book “Integrated Storytelling by Design”.
If you want to reserve one of the seats available, please use the contact button below.
The number of attendees is limited; therefore, we process each request individually.
You are also very welcome to reach out if you have any questions about the program.
This course is perfect if you’re interested in learning new ways of embedding stories in hearts and minds and extending your toolbox as a story experience designer.
Upon completion, you will receive a certificate from AdventureLAB Academy.
Will I receive any materials for the course?
You will receive the slides from the weekly sessions, plus any reading materials which are part of the program.
Are there assignments included in the course?
Each week, at the end of the session, the participants receive an assignment, that they need to complete before the next one. We then discuss and evaluate the solutions.
How are the online sessions held?
All the online sessions will be held through Zoom. To install Zoom on your computer is free of charge. You will receive invitations from us with the links to access the sessions.
What is the book "Integrated Storytelling by Design" about?
The book is written by Klaus Sommer Paulsen and published by Routledge, Taylor and Francis in 2021. It equips readers with the skills needed to create and design powerful stories and concepts for interactive, digital, multi-platform storytelling and experience design that will take audience engagement to the next level.
If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!